Friday, July 3, 2009

Day 61-62 (Fri-Sat May 29-30, 2009)

What's it really like?...

On both Friday and Saturday, we were briefed by CSTC-A (Combined Security Transition Command-Afghanistan). A LT Colonel in the Air Force (a physician) and a civilian physician presented information on what was the state of Afghanistan as pertained to the medical mission. I can't go into details about this, so this blog is going to be pretty short.

However, Saturday being a half day, in celebration of the penultimate weekend as we approached graduation, some of our Navy team members coordinated a BBQ fiesta with the Army Reservists who were in their barracks. The food was awesome. Here are some pix.

(Mike, Steve, Josh, and Neil...you can tell they're hungry)

(Rob, just wanted to show he's competent in the kitchen.)

(Tim, I think I've seen that hand sign before...)

(Mike and Jerry...Thrilled I'm taking a picture of them.)

(Less and Dennis..."I once caught a fish this big...")

(Motley Crew)

(Obviously myself, Jerry above and Lach next to me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment