Saturday, May 16, 2009

Days 33-35 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday May 1-3 2009)

Home Sweet Home...

I certainly consider myself very fortunate to be back home and seeing Isabella so soon.  I know some of my team members have not had my same opportunities to visit friends (the Paynes) and their families.  

While at home, aside from assuming my rightful place on the couch in front of the TV for some much needed ESPN-time, Isabella and I saw the movie, X-Men Origins, ate Mexican at Old Town, watched DVR episodes of American Idol and The Amazing Race, had an Acai "The Works" and a coffee at Java Jones, and indulged in Phil's BBQ...I love that place.
  

Just good to be home with my wife.  

On Sunday, as we were heading to the airport and grabbing a bite to eat, I found out the airline was delayed.  So, I was able to spend a few more hours with Izzy; I'll take what I can get.  Because of the delay, Mike and I didn't get into KC until 2300.  Notably absent was Andrew, but he flew his own plane back to Fort Riley.  Josh was there waiting for us, as he was coming from San Francisco.  By the time we pulled into the parking lot at Camp Funston, it was 0100.  On a good note though, our first obligation of Monday wasn't until 1200 noon, so I got to sleep in...I like sleep.  

No comments:

Post a Comment