Thursday, April 2, 2009

Days 3 and 4...time's a tickin'

Wednesday was a good day.  We reported at 0800 and were released almost immediately.  I think the exercise of the day was to get a roll call, which they refer to as "muster".  The rest of the day was spent taking care of the home-front issues.  Fortunately, I was able to spend it with Isabella.  To cap it off, we had a great meal at a place called Bertrand at Mr. A's.  Great food, beautiful views overlooking San Diego and the incoming airplanes and dessert (sooo good).  

Today (Thursday) was suppose to be a short day as well...hmmm, I've learned not to expect anything.

We all arrived in the auditorium for a brief on what to expect once "in country".  This was probably one of the most informative briefs of the week.  Sorry I can't go into details, but I'm still censoring information.  Then we were fitted with "gas masks"...awesome.  I hope I never have to use that piece of equipment.  Check out the picture above.  

And in usual fashion, we ended the day by eating.  However, this particular evening was fraught with the indulgence of Phil's BBQ.  Wow, what a great dinner.  We haven't had a good BBQ meal down here in San Diego until tonight.  Again, Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment