Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Day 2...here we go again 

Up at 0600 today; so happy to sleep in a little (the extra hour or TWO really makes a difference!)  Today was our medical reconciliation day.  By 0700, we were all accounted for and being carted off to have our immunization shots...I have the sore shoulder to prove it.  Fortunately, we were done by 0945 and released until 1300 to do whatever we needed to.  So, I bolted for home, spent some time with Isabella and was set to relax when...UGH, I was called back 30 minutes later to see the medical provider to have my chart signed off.  (Wait a minute, am I not a medical provider?  Couldn't I do that?  ANSWER: No.)  

I arrive back at the processing site around 1045 and proceed to wait until 1130 when I am told the "medical providers" will be at lunch and I should return at 1300.  Happy to oblige (no sarcasm at all), I ate lunch and returned with earnest anticipation.  Still waiting, I was finally seen by the provider at 1500 and following a few minor stops to have my record re-checked, again, I was released for the day.  1600.  Nice to finally go home.  I calculated 45 minutes worth of actual work and the remainder...just waiting in lines.

Driving home, I was happy to find out we had plans to go to Buca de Beppo's for dinner with some of our friends from work.   The company was fantastic and we enjoyed a great Italian meal.  Please see the pictures above.  

No comments:

Post a Comment