Tuesday, March 31, 2009


Day 1...in the books

It was an early start to the day.  I was up at 4 am, or 0400 ("O" four hundred) for all you civilians.  Yet remarkably, I was still stuck in a line extending to Tijuana for our check-in.  Following this, I moved to another line where a petty officer copied my orders and sent me to another line...you get the picture.  This happened at least 2 more times before I finally made it to the uniform fitting.  Pray with me that the size 9 1/2 boots don't cause me blisters.  Then, it was on to the auditorium for what the, more Experienced, refer to as "Death by PowerPoint".  This is a plethora of presentations designed to inform...but unfortunately, is better suited as a sleep aid (competition for Lunesta).  And thus, my day came to a close at 1600 (4 pm).  

I make light of the need to exercise patience, yet in the long run, I'm sure this is a necessary process and helpful...maybe.

I hope you are all enjoying this.  

(This blog should be dated March 30, 2009...but I deleted it from yesterday and couldn't get it back...I'm new.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment