Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Nothing like a Harry Steak

Day 27  (Saturday  April 25, 2009)

Nuts!  I hated having to work on a Saturday, especially while Isabella was visiting.  Today’s class was “Advanced Med”.  Unfortunately, this day was filled with lectures meant for medics, not docs; meaning it was too basic and by 1500, I was bored out of my skull.  That’s OK though, not all instruction can be gripping. 

Isabella spent the day touring Manhattan, relaxing and patiently waiting for me.  And in her usual spectacular fashion, cheered me up immediately when I saw her as she picked me up.  (She also was able to come pick me up at lunch.  We had pizza and wings...nice break in the day.)  Tonight, we went to Harry’s Steak House.  This is apparently one of the nicer establishments in the downtown area.  I had the filet mignon royale (fancy for steak with crab on top) and Izzy had the Salmon.  The meals were delicious.  Following dinner, we saw Observe and Protect.  This movie probably falls into a Seth Rogen cult classic.  Not necessarily for the faint of heart, it was entertaining.  As both of us were tired from a long day, we retreated to Baskin Robbins and then the Arm Lodge and called it a night. 


Having Isabella here in Kansas has really been a treat and made the time here much more tolerable.  She’s AWESOME!!!

1 comment:

  1. DJ - We miss you guys so much...Glad that Isabella could get out there for a visit...keep up your spirits....we love to see how you're doing...Stay Safe..
    All our love!
    Josh and Cara!

    ReplyDelete